Monday, September 17, 2012

My latest post on Outsiderwriters.org


How long will Christian Extremists rule the Republican Party?

I was raised as a Christian. I went to church, sang in the choir...the whole sha-bang. I even played the bells. But when I went to church, we learned about charity and taking care of those who couldn't take care of themselves. We helped people who needed it, and didn't turn away members who didn't fit in to a cut mold. When I registered to vote, I registered as a Republican. But it meant something different back then.
As far as I can tell now, this "extremist" Republican ideology means you are anti-Obama, anti-poor and utterly delusional. (Interestingly enough, my mother is a Republican, which causes rather intense discussions on sanity in my household.)

To keep reading, click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment