Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Manila- Me Vs. The Toilet

First, let me start off by saying the people here are amazing. I was greeted at the airport by a driver from the hotel, and when I got to the hotel, I was greeted by a lovely woman in an Asian style long dress, who took me right to my room and checked me in up there.

While the rooms are being renovated, and mine is quite 1980s, it's a good location, and they have a great pool area.

Today was my first day in the office. Again, the people here are wonderful. But I did have an unfortunate incident when using the restroom in the office.

I went to flush, and as I watched in shock, this little robot arm came out and sprayed water all over with me with such force that it was hitting the wall across the room!!! I just stood there like an idiot for a few seconds, not understanding what was happening.

This was no regular bidet type toilet.

Then I pushed the lever all the way down (where I thought it had been to start with) and out came a second arm and shot me again!!!


Finally, I located the REAL flush, and left the restroom drenched in toilet water.

Welcome to Manila!!!

The weather here is like soup...wet and warm. I feel like I am at the beach (which I guess I am) but can't see the ocean from here. Flying in, you see all the little islands that make up the Philippines. I am feeling a little jet-lagged, as I am 16 hours ahead of California, and 3 hours behind Australia. Going to Prague should be really weird as I go backwards in time and repeat the same day twice.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like there should be further explanation on the toilet issue?! Like what the shit happened?!

    ReplyDelete