Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Perfect bliss. In my head, of course.

I've put a lot of thought in to the possibilities of my life lately.

There are things I know will never happen, and things that very well could. In either case, it's good to have ideas and options. Right now, I am working with somewhat of a blank canvas, so nothing is really out of the question.

It gives for some imaginative scenarios.

For one, I've gone native. No, that doesn't mean foregoing the bikini area maintenance. It means that suddenly everything in my house is worthless crap. I don't want any of it.

I want to be a goat farmer and live in Bali. Not "farmer" as in actually feeding them and shoveling shit. More for name's sake. I would go out and pet them though. But just the little goats that look like babies for their whole lives. Pygmies, I think. I would be fine living in an open air hut on the beach. Until it gets really hot, and I need air-conditioning. And mosquito nets, for sure.

It's these little things that make you comfortable that would be hard to sacrifice. I won't eat local meats. I would become vegetarian for sure. I am not very adventurous when it comes to food. I won't even drink milk 4 days after I buy it, and it has to be two weeks before it's expiration date. I have a hard enough time thinking about those kind of life changes, and then I wonder how my kids would be able to handle it after living the first decade of their lives with Disney World, cell phones and Playstation.

God forbid I made them play with a ball or frisbee.

1 comment:

  1. Is it your policy not to post comments left anonymously?

    ReplyDelete