Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My hair smells like a summer breeze

I finally got my butt up and left the house for something other than therapy or food.

After a year of not having the time, I went and got my hair trimmed and highlighted. With all the stress the past five months, I had started to lose a lot of hair. Luckily, I have a ton of hair, but it was alarming anyway. I had gone to bed the night before with a wet head, so when I took my hair down at the spa, it unleashed a massive Afro. I was mildly disappointed there were no other customers in the room, because usually it illicits a gasp from someone.

Four hours later, I walked out the door with silky, smooth spun gold cascading down my shoulders. It inspired me to take a picture for my facebook page, where I gave my best thug look. When I got home, my kids asked what happened to me. It made me feel really great (ha) since I have been wearing sweats, had my hair in a ponytail, and worn no makeup for over a month now. I call it my depression gear.

Luckily, I am going to Vegas next weekend for a wedding, so I will have to spruce up since there will be other people around to see what I look like. I fear the day when all phone are video phones. I usually look my worst when I am on the phone, and hey, sometimes, I go to the bathroom while I am talking.

That could make for uncomfortable conversation.

1 comment:

  1. I love the feeling right after you get your hair done, it really makes a difference in your whole appearance and how you feel about yourself.

    ReplyDelete