Monday, October 17, 2011

My inbox is full of empty promises...

I rarely get emails anymore, and when I do, most of them are junk.

In fact, my spam box gets more mail than my inbox, even with the unsolicited offers. Most of them, I ignore, but once in a while, they suck you in.

I keep getting offers for the Honeybaked Ham store, which we don't have within a three hour radius. (I know...I checked because I was willing to put some effort and mileage into the retrieval of one.) As a Lancaster County, PA girl, we are brought up with a certain expectation and attachment to HAM, that the rest of the country doesn't seem to have. Sure, you have your barbecues, and your bacon, buy do you REALLY cherish the HAM?

We also have such a thing called hamloaf. I don't want to think about how it's made, but it's delicious. Kind of like Spam, but better.

I also get coupons from Boston Market, another fine place I have no access to, as well as Red Robin. I can't deal with national marketing campaigns that lure in those lucky enough to live closeby, and torture us who have only a tremble in our tastebuds.

I hate upstate NY.

2 comments:

  1. Honey Baked hams are so Tasty & I miss them! Someone told me they finally have a store about an hour away - I may be visiting it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting fed up with the Chik-Fil-A commercials in the upper midwest... I grew up on it, I dream about it, and they're just teasing me.
    I like your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete