Monday, October 24, 2011

You know it's bad when your kid asks why you dressed up when you put on jeans.

So, I haven't been working the past 3 months. Since it's unemployment by choice, I refer to it as a hiatus with possible retirement. Other than getting my sons on the school bus, or attending appointments with my husband, the day is mine to waste...often resulting in sleep or gabbing on the phone.

I'm pretty much a lazy ass. A poorly, yet comfortable lazy ass.

My hair is naturally curly, so when I have nowhere important to go, I wash it and put it up wet. When it dries, I have a mane to rival the Lion King. It's quite disturbing. And I look scary. Top it off with no makeup, yoga pants, and the zit that appeared on my chin, and you have yourself a hot mess.

I hadn't really thought about it much until this weekend when my sons friends spent the night and we were becoming Facebook friends. I thought it was cute they wanted to be my friend, until they saw my profile picture and said, "who is that?" (The picture was taken 3 weeks ago)

It was then that I realized how infrequently I look like I am prepared to take visitors lately. Well, that and when Gavin asked about the jeans. Anytime I leave the house and come back home, the first thing I do is take off my bra and put on comfy pants....so fast, you would think they were burning me! I guess I should make an effort a little more often.

On another note...

How long do you stay friends with someone on Facebook if they are no longer speaking to you? I don't know the etiquette for that. There was no fight or anything, just a complete lack of response to any phone calls, texts or IMs that I send. I pretty much take that to mean they aren't interested anymore.

I don't want to cut them off as a friend if they are going to miraculously respond one day, but it just pisses me off even more when I see them comment to everyone BUT me. I just don't feel like looking at it if I am not a part of their life anymore because it hurts. I don't know...any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. You have too many things to deal with...just remove the ones who doesn't respond to you. If they want to get in touch with you down the line...well you have a blog that they can reach you at.

    On another note..do you take meds for your depression? You sound so like me before I started taking prescriptions...You dont have to be this depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. Just not getting quality sleep at night. I'm actually in good spirits. I'm always tired. I'm enjoying the break and focusing on my family. Plus I get to help my sister when she has her baby next month. Things are good right now. But thanks for the advice. I definitely believe in medication!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete