Wednesday, June 20, 2012

SITC aka Sitting in the City

These job interviews will be the death of me.

I just keep telling myself that all this walking is helping me lose weight.

I am sitting in a courtyard, smoking, because I have nothing to do until my interview at 2pm. I have to leave early, because I never know how long it will take to hoof it around. Thankfully, there is a coffee shop on every block, so I'm never parched, but rest rooms are harder to come by.

I love being in a city.

It's so different than suburbia or rural hell. And so far, it hasn't been bad finding my way around, even if I look like an ass twisting my google map on my phone around, as I try to get my bearings.

I'm afraid I won't get one of the 3 jobs I really want, and will end up settling for one I don't.

It's hard when the income generation is on your shoulders alone. You know when it comes down to it, you have to suck it up.

It's been stressful with my family here. After two months alone, I forgot what it's like to constantly be pestered. And it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment