Thursday, November 18, 2010

Do you ever just NOT want to go home?

Normally, I am ready for Friday to come on Monday, but this week I feel like Elton John and George Michael let the sun go down on me.

My in-laws are coming. Unexpectedly. And last-minute.


Andy got home from Iraq in July. Pretty much the ENTIRE YEAR he was gone, none of our parents came to visit, other than my father who came and just never left…so I don’t count that as a visitor. Now, you would THINK that they might figure I would need a little break and offer to take the kids, but my own mother hasn’t even been here in over a year. Since the week after Andy got home, we have spent 3 weekends without any excess parenting. That’s it.

This confirms that everyone likes him better.


4 comments:

  1. Well Keri, as the saying goes in this neck of the woods "I feel your pain". The way you laid it out just isn't right and I wish for your sake it was different. Sometimes family can be such a pain.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL....it can feel that way...
    the ol' "oh sure, when I'm alone, no one comes...and then, when he comes home - EVERYONE comes a runnin'....I would feel the same way...sigh...sometimes I wish someone would come a runnin' for my sake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I want anyone coming...unless they are fun. lol. Can't a girl just sit in her pajamas all weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that is what you want I think you should do just that my friend. We shouldn't be trying to impress anyone any way. Just be your self. I know that is easy to just say but I hope you can enjoy the holidays.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete