Thursday, December 8, 2011

Next stop...world domination!

As part of my therapy:), I am making future goals so that I begin to look past the current crap and the crap that is clouding my immediate future.

I guess they do this so you don't lose all hope and off yourself when life seems to be handing you a steady stream of lemons.

So my pet project is to decide what I want to do with my life seven years from now, when my boys are off in college.

My answer: Experience the damn world!

So my husband and I each took our BIG book of all the countries in the world (yes, we have one of these) and we each made our own lists of places we may want to live for a year. Then, we combined matches and reevaluated each others unmatched choices to compile the final list, which is now sorted by region.

The plan, is to live in a new country each year for about ten years, and travel to surrounding countries during that time. Of course, we will sprinkle in some jaunts home, but since will have the ability to retire by 40...we might as well make the most of the free time we will have.

The great part about it is that we can immerse ourselves in to different cultures and gain some insight on life outside of the US.

I finally have a focal point to set my sights on!

No comments:

Post a Comment