Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Things I love: Diet Foods that don’t suck

If you have read my blog for any length of time, you know that I will not eat something that doesn’t taste good. In my current battle of the thunder thighs,and recently inspired by the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (skinny bitches!!!!), I have uncovered some decent foods that don’t make me want to eat my own hand:


Chobani Greek Yogurt: This stuff is 0% fat! I was afraid to try it because it just sounds like something chunky and gross. But greek yogurt is the same consistency as regular yogurt, just a little creamier and heavier. It keeps you full longer and you don’t have to feel guilty about it. And the best thing is that I use the plain as a substitute for sour cream, so I can still indulge myself when I eat baked potatoes, pierogies and chicken quesadillas….oh my!

Pringles Stix/Honey Butter: These little sticks are so delicious, I want to lick the inside of the package(and sometimes do!). Only 90 calories a pack, they make you feel like you are eating something bad for you so you don’t give in when you have that late night craving. They fulfill both the sweet and the salty, and taste like a little cracker stick.

Green Giant Singles Pack/Cauliflower and Cheese Sauce: These little individual microwave containers are sold in a four pack in the freezer section. It’s actually covered in cheese sauce! You can also get broccoli and cheese sauce. The best part, is that they are only 40 calories and if you do Weight Watchers, it’s 0 points! I have one of these with my dinner every night and a glass of milk to help give me the illusion I am full.

100 Calorie Cheese Bites: I crave cheese like no tomorrow, but it’s one of the things that hinder me from losing weight. I was so happy when I found they sell 100 cal packs of cheese cubes in all different flavors. They taste like normal cheese, no imitations. I like to have a pack with my Friday night wine, or as an afternoon snack to get me through until dinner.

Smartones Meals: These are the only diet meals I can even come close to eating. My favorites are the mini-cheeseburgers and the Cranberry Turkey Medallions. They are small, but if you add a small salad to the burger, or a singles pack of veggies(see above), then you feel pretty full. Most meals are under 300 calories and are full of flavor.



I was nominated on Babble's Top 50 Mom Blogs List. So pretty please take two minutes and click here:
http://www.babble.com/babble-50/mommy-bloggers/nominate-a-blogger/index.aspx then scroll down to "Glamorous Life" and click on the "like" button.
Thanks a bunch!

submit to reddit

5 comments:

  1. That VS Fashion Show did a tap dance on my self esteem last year, so instead of punishing myself again this year I went to the gym and worked out for an hour lol...one thing I am *trying* to do is drink full glasses of water before eating anything, so there isn't as much room in my belly!! It sounds like you are doing a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I want to do a VS model, and I am no where near lesbian!!! LOL. I drink water constantly, but my stomach has the ability to stretch to the size of a small mammal, so it doesn't help much. LOL. I hate working out. It just makes me hungrier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA! Love the first paragraph! I just seen the comercial for Victoria Secret and thought "Great! Something else to make me feel fat! Skinny bitches!" LOL! I'm still trying to shake 15 pounds from having my son 11 months ago. Love this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL AHH those PRINGLES STICKS ARE THE BOMB.COM!!!!!!!

    I love them. hence all the exclammation points.

    You and my Mom and that Yogurt.. she's always trying to get me to eat it too. I'll stick with my GoGurt thankyavery much!

    Stopping by from the blogfrog!

    Signed
    chunkysexy
    AKA

    Random Ro
    http://randomroro.blogspot.com

    sn: because I think they are funny- the security word for this comment post was DEPPRAPO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ Jenny! I of course had to change the channel and watch a Christmas show... Don't need any reminders I should be working out, eating better...blahh blahhh... Bring on the Holiday goodies...LOL

    ReplyDelete