Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A leg? Really?

I've been up since 8am this morning, and I've spent the better part of that time contemplating how Angelina Jolie's leg gets more press than a school shooting?

And it's a chicken leg, at that. Give that girl a cheeseburger...or at least some hummus...something with protein.

Are legs the new cleavage? If they are, Hollywood had better start eating some Paula Deen, because legs, cleavage and rear ends are supposed to be shapely...with some meat on those bones.

Anyway...

I got my hair done today. It smells really good, but it SHOULD, for the amount of different products they put on my hair. Maybe it's me, but I use a rotated mixture of Suave Clarifying Shampoo to erase buildup, and Herbal Essence Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner, NOTHING after that, and my hair still looks the same when I do it, as when the hairstylist does it.

So how did I get duped in to buying a $30 hair mask?

I don't know. The girl told me my ends were dry. I felt pressured. Next thing I knew, my card was being swiped for $160.

No good comes when I get out of bed early. I just end up spending money that I had not intended to.

Yesterday, I watched about six DVR'd episodes of Real Housewives of some place, and today, I am having a hard time watching logical television. It's like it rots your mind. I noticed that the Housewives (that are not really housewives, rather all employed in some capacity) in Orange County all have the same hair. What's up with that? I bet they all have extensions. The only way to prove it is if they get in a catfight and pull them out, which, unfortunately, only seems to happen on Mobwives.

This is the point in the blogpost that I should make some kind of statement about how poorly they depict women, by fighting amongst themselves about petty issues, but really...that's the only reason I watch it. If you take away the drama, it's really just irritating that these chicks married the rich guys, and the awesome gals like myself marry the average joe.

Life just isn't fair.

And I think my arms are the same size as Angelina's thighs.
Damn.

4 comments:

  1. I saw that leg, too. I couldn't believe how they focused on her leg like that. Granny Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do so many people even care about Angelia ?!
    I gave up TV a very long time ago...every time I see it my decision is again reaffirmed...
    and I haven't missed a thing in 10 yrs!
    I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! Marriage is hard and being married to a military man makes it even harder. You are alone alot and have to face many challenges alone when you need them the most! No marriage is perfect, but you are right we did make promises for better or worse. Thanks for a great post girlie!
    Tracers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you on the leg thing. Love reading your beautiful insights. Thank you.. All Hail Cheeseburgers!!!!

    ReplyDelete