Friday, January 6, 2012

Lessons well learned, are best accepted after eating Mexican food.

"it's been a long December, and there's reasons to believe, that maybe this year will be better than the last."
-counting crows

My week sucked. Plain and simple. But it seems to be the average. There are less sucky weeks, and okay weeks. This one was grueling. And next week will be busy with it loads of VA appointments and frustrating non-answers.

But today was better. A talk with your best friends can set you right again, especially laughing about ridiculous things. Two of us have two sons, and one is good and the second sons are laughing evil. It's amazing how little they are when they can try to connive their way out of a situation or get what they want. We know it sets us up for some hell later...sooner, for me. I got three phone calls from Gavin's school this week. Not doing homework, not paying attention, socializing. That was pretty much me in 6th grade too, so I get it.

But what my kid doesn't get is that I know his moves, because I've done them. This kid manipulated his therapist!!!! He is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

I hope I can get them moved out of the country before they graduate school, so they can appreciate things a little more, and learn the important things in life.

Early semi-retirement is on the horizon for me, and I will be good with that. I can continue to blog about my life and get my books done.

If you were going to consider moving internationally, where would you move?

No comments:

Post a Comment