Monday, January 2, 2012

Yeah, Happy Holidays...Now everyone, GO AWAY!

Don't get me wrong...I love a good family get together, or a chance to see friends.

But this year, we had chaos for two weeks straight.

My husbands grandfather passed away the week before Xmas, so there was a trip to Canada. Then my mother in law came for a night, then left for my sister in laws, then my father in law and his wife came for a night, then my mother in law came back for three days, then my dad came for three days.

That's a lot of bedding changes, my friends. And a lot of groceries.

Plus the kids are home from school and my husband is ALWAYS home now, which, after 13 years of him being gone all the time, takes some readjustment. I'm not complaining that he's not deployed, just stating a fact that now when I want some alone time, I no longer have a short field problem to send him off to.

You civilians say to military wives that you don't know how we do it, with our spouses gone so much, but we say we don't know how you do it, never having any down time! Lol.

I haven't know any other way to be married. So I hate it when I have to negotiate about what is for dinner, or little things like that. Plus, he is about to be retired, so he will never go away.

The grass is always greener on the other side, so what can you do? Plus, honestly, I am glad he doesn't have to deploy again. I can't imagine how bad it would've been with another tour of duty. I see guys that have deployed five times, and knowing what I know now, there is no way they can't be affected by war.

My moms friend that is a guy but not her boyfriend (haha) asked her why we women watch movies like "The Notebook" when we know it will make us cry. I said its to relieve pent up negative energy so that we don't get arrested for assault as much as men.

And it's true.

I HATE crying. Especially in front of people. But there are times when I get so angry, I have to lock myself in a room and get it out, or I would beat the holy hell out of someone. I use visualization techniques too, like on that show "Ally McBeal". Sometimes I am standing there, with a calm look on my face, but in my head, I am slamming someone's head against concrete.

As women, we get screwed. If you are emotional, then people think you can't hold it together, but if you aren't emotional and hold it all in, then you end up blacking out and waking up with your husbands severed penis in your hand, wondering, "What the fuck just happened?!"

So, I have nothing to do until Thursday...which means lots of reruns and the Iowa Caucas. And nothing chases my kids and husband out of the room faster than Dr Phil, Divorce Court and CNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment