Wednesday, February 23, 2011

An Ode to the "fair-weather" Facebook Friends...

Yesterday I got a friend request from a girl who used to torture me in Elementary School.

I'm not quite sure why browsing through the lists of potential facebook friends, she would decide that I would be a good candidate. I don't even remember this girl past 6th grade. But what I DO remember, is her making fun of me for years. So why would I want to be friends with you?

I usually dont accept anyone as friends unless I personally know them. I have maybe 4 FB friends that read my blog...but they have to tell me thats how they know me because if I don't, I won't accept.

I can generally break my FB friends in to several groups:

"Actual, honest to goodness, real friends that I still talk to".

"People I went to school with and used to be friends with, and would probably still grab a beer with."

"People I went to school with and used to be friends with and have little than a vague interest in what they are up to, but they may be a contact down the road."

"People I never even uttered one word to in high school, so although I am a bit confused as to why you want to be my FB friend, I will accept you."

"OH HELL NO!" These are the crazy people that scarred me emotionally in a way that I will fully never recover. OR THAT I JUST HATED!!!

I am not about having 8 million FB friends. I think I like it just be able to think about a person I had a fond memory of, and be able to look at their lives in an instant...see how it all turned out for them. I don't care how the "bad eggs" turned out, because I have enough faith to know that karma has come back around and gotten them in some way. And because I am not truly evil, thats enough gratification for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just a reminder…I am leaving for St Lucia!!! YAY!

So you will hear back from me on Friday, because tomorrow, I will be driving to South Carolina and then back to DC. In other words, NO POST FOR TOMORROW, unless I give you a status update via my Droid phone. But I am taking the laptop and the Wifi is ready in St Lucia. Have an awesome Wednesday and Thursday!!!



Shameless Begging About to Commence: I was nominated on Babble's Top 50 Mom Blogs List. So can you please take two minutes and click here:
http://www.babble.com/babble-50/mommy-bloggers/nominate-a-blogger/index.aspx then scroll down to "Glamorous Life" (on the second page) and click on the "like" button.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy St. Lucia! And I agree about the whole Fb friends thing -- ever since becoming engaged, people I rarely spoke with in high school or who weren't the nicest to me suddenly want to be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Lucia! Awesome! My bro is getting married there in May. I want to go, but medical issues prevent it. BOOO. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the facebook friends, i have people that just annoy me loads as my friends on there and share a hatred with. So I try to avoid those people. Have a good time in St Lucia !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous, have fun at St. Lucia and take lots of pictures so we can see. We'll be right here waiting for you.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh have fun in St. Lucia. I love the damn islands. . . we try to go every year. Drink some sort of fruity drink in my honor! I loved this post. I did a facebook post a while back and like you, I broke my friends down into categories. I think I only had three though, so you are better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for you. Again. You owe me. Just kidding. Have fun and remember that sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete